Special areas of interest: Certified Specialist Women’s Health Physical Therapy (WCS), Female and Male Pelvic Floor, PT for Gynecologic and Urologic Surgery
Jolene is a physical therapist and has been practicing over 20 years.
Jolene was born and raised in Central Oregon. She and her family are returning to Oregon after moving around the country while her husband served in the USMC. After his retirement, her family embarked on a one-year sailing venture and ended up settling back in Southern Oregon.
Several injuries during early years as a gymnast and equestrian, followed by having two children led Jolene on her professional mission to become an expert in spine and pelvic health. She has extensive training in manual therapy, visceral mobilization and dry needling. Jolene holds a Doctorate in Physical Therapy and is a Board Certified Clinical Specialist in Women’s Health Physical Therapy (WCS).
As a patient and provider she values looking at the whole person. Integrating physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of our lives is what enables us to heal completely.
Years of practice have enabled Jolene to create and implement several pelvic rehabilitation programs:
- Pregnancy and post-natal care to include inpatient care, guidelines for traumatic birth/ episiotomy care, Cesarean section, DRA, sexual healing
- Pre-and post-operative prostate cancer therapy for pain management, continence and sexual healing
- Pelvic and abdominal surgery guidelines including surgical pain and scar management
- Male pelvic pain amongst active duty Marines and Sailors
- Complex orthopedic (back, SI Joint, and hip dysfunction) pain management
- Maintenance programs and performance optimization for athletes (or weekend warriors)
Jolene values grass roots education and has worked with the Section on Women’s Health to write, edit and distribute resources for continence, prolapse care, post-partum healing and safe exercise programs. She has presented at the national Combined Section’s Meeting for the American Physical Therapy Association on Male Pelvic Pain (Chronic testicular pain to be exact).
Jolene works within the community to promote pelvic health among personal trainers, yoga instructors, medical providers and other therapists on early and effective treatments for spine and pelvic dysfunctions.
- Location: Central Medford