Telehealth, Telemedicine Physical Therapy or TelePT is high-quality & convenient care provided over a technology platform, rather than an in-person office visit.
What Is A TelePT Visit?
- It is a remote, one-on-one Telehealth appointment with one of our skilled physical therapists.
- It is performed on a computer connected to the internet.
- During your visit you will receive:
- – Movement Evaluation to determine your true problem.
- – Education on why you are hurting and how to prevent it from reoccurring
- – Exercise prescription specifically to meet your needs
- This option is convenient. It is your Physical Therapy visit on your terms.
Important: Most Insurance plans DO pay for Telehealth PT visits.
Prepare for Your TelePT Visit?
- Make sure your computer or phone is fully charged or plugged in to the electrical outlet.
(Computer works best vs a cell phone.)
If you are planning on using your phone, you will need to download the Microsoft “Teams” app.
- Make sure your computer speaker and microphone is turned/active.
(Google Chrome or Firefox and preferred; Internet Explorer usually does not work well.)
- Close all open windows on the device you are using.
- Make sure no other device is using your WIFI or internet.
(Turn off your Netflix, Sling TV etc.)
- Getting closer to the WIFI tower help strengthen your signal if needed.
- If we have a bad connection and you can’t hear or see your therapist then exit out of the visit and try to enter again through your text or emailed invitation.